With all the hype around the fight, I read this and felt the need to share…..
1. Choose your fights wisely. Manny has been asking for this fight for 5 years now but Floyd kept turning it down because he was studying his style. Manny has fought 57 matches in this category and lost or drew 5 of them. Floyd has fought 48 matches (the recent fight inclusive) in this category and won all. That’s… because he chooses his fights wisely. Life’s lesson: don’t be everywhere doing everything. Be tactful. Prepare well and give it a go when you are ready. Don’t hustle, strategize instead. Don’t beat the air, study to show yourself approved.
2. Do what matters. Floyd threw very few punches but they were clean punches that hit the right points. Manny was busy throwing plenty many punches. I watched that closely. Life’s lesson: Don’t just get busy, get busy doing what counts. Success in life is not about activities, it is about doing what is required.
3. Don’t be in a hurry to succeed. When you meet a tough challenge, be determined to overcome it and concentrate throughout. Manny is a tough hustler throwing plenty punches from first round. Floyd, from time is known to use his first 9 rounds to study his opponent and the last 3 to finish that opponent. This was exactly what played out again. Life’s lesson: to succeed, you need to take your time. There’s no prize for being the youngest achiever. Professor at 32 years of age and professor at 67 years of age are both professors.
4. God is not partial. He gives success to the best person whether you are arrogant or not, whether you profess Jesus or not. Floyd is arrogant but he’s an excellent boxer. Pac is humble, evangelizes from the ring and professes Jesus countless times but that wasn’t enough to win. It wasn’t a fight of Jesus against the devil, its just a sport competition between two humans. Dangote is the richest man in Africa, he’s not a Christian but he’s good at his business. Life’s lesson: being a Christian doesn’t mean God will circumvent and disregard natural laws of success for you to be the best. Being the best is a personal effort, God’s part is to crown your efforts and make it easier for you.
5. Don’t respond to critics, just do your thing! Don’t worry if people don’t like your style, just continue to succeed. That’s all that matters anyway. A lot of people didn’t support Mayweather because he’s arrogant but he didn’t let it bother him. Even when he raised his hands as winner, he didn’t get the desired accolades. Manny on the other hand is loved by all because he’s humble but that didn’t translate to winning the match. Life’s lesson: Do your thing, either you win or lose people will talk anyways, so why don’t you just win and let them talk? Critics don’t amount to anything in life, ignore them.